Thursday, April 28, 2016

Pre-writing: Persuasion Essay

During the pre-writing of my persuasion essay not very many ideas ran through my mind. I started by searching the web for persuasive essay ideas and still could not find anything worth going into detail on. I sometimes listen to music and sort of wait it out to see where my mind takes me, however that wasn't working either. It wasn't until my next shift at work, when a couple of my co-workers were debating on whether skiing or snowboarding was harder on the knees. (Seeing as we all work at Soda Springs Ski Resort) there was a pretty even amount of opinions on both sides, then I knew that I found my essay topic. I am not too sure if I have any rituals when it comes to writing, I pretty much just brainstorm on paper and after that I begin writing once my ideas are organized and as clear as they should be. The only difficult part for me is making my ideas stretch into the length that the essay needs to be without sounding repetitive. One thing that helped me in class would be one of my peers whom said if I am struggling with having enough information then I should try to throw a counterargument in my paper and that will help it in length. The work shopping days do help when they are attended, but in my case I had to have my cousin read through my paper and edit. Overall the persuasion essay was a good starter paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment